Turn a new leaf...

It's just been the second hour of the new year 2009. I am still awake here in the dark, while Lan is sleeping soundly on the bed. Yes, this is what I have been doing for several nights now, waiting for the sleepiness to come over me before I climb to bed.

Well, shall we talk about our new year's eve first? We had late lunch at a Chinese restaurant, where I almost exploded my stomach with the free chrysantemum tea. We then headed to city centre to get my eczema's medicines and to watch the movie 'Australia'. Surprisingly, it was not too busy with people and we managed to buy a hat for Lan to keep his head warm. Today was a very misty day; spooky and freezing!
'Australia' is a very good movie! The story is so true, deep and touchy; all the stars played it well! The quality of the movie is indeed fantastic, it's as if I was watching a set of living photographs; breath-taking scenes of Australia and the beauties of the actors and actresses! It is a must-see movie!

Enough of the new year's eve thingy...
2008 was a year full of lessons for me; lessons to be a good wife. We fought here and there, thank God, those times teach us to understand deeper about each other. Each day of my life brings me to a greater appreciation of having Lan in my life. I truly thank The Lord for such a wonderfully caring and loving husband I have!
We learn to support each other and together we knit our stories, build our family, and experience our 'Journey of Happiness'.

To be quite honest, the last moments of 2008 I struggle to bits... The strong me has tumbled down the ladder. Yes, the eczema makes my condition worsened and almost kills all my confidence in getting better.
We have made our decision; I will take up a suspension on my study AND to go home as soon as possible. Next Monday, I am to see my supervisors and proceed with the suspension application. The doctor that we went to last Monday, said I am in a severe state of eczema and there might be a need to undergo a 'cancer-treatment' to get me to a better state. It sounds frightening to me... It upsets me.
However, I thank God for so many loved-ones that support me and pray for me. My mother, especially, has put enormous efforts to soothe my feelings and helps me to be a bit stronger for the time being.

For the next several months, I might not post as much as usual.
The aim of me going home is to get better, more than anything else. I promise my beloved husband I will be better... for him, for making our temporary separation worth it!
So, my friends, please... I beg your prayers;
- that this eczema be gone (doctors says eczema cannot be cured, but I believe God will heal me!)
- that the application of suspension goes smoothly
- that I get home ASAP and get better...

Thank you. God be with you always!

Comments

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009.

    MAY YOUR PRAYER WILL COME THROUGH AND YOU GET WELL SOON.

    TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS ALWAYS.

    susana
    http://www.bagiosusan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. chinese rest lagi, sherl ?

    asian food memang top !!

    mudah mudahan eksimnya cepat sembuh ya...

    met taon baru

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year ya sher, for lan too..
    hope your wishes do come true!
    get well soon, too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year yach, sist... smoga taon ini lbh better than taon kmrn n taon ini membawa berkah lebih lagi 2 u n famz...
    i'll pray to u also... n let everything in God hands ans we just do the prayer...
    get well soon n gbu

    ReplyDelete
  5. hepi nu year... moga2 cepet sembuh :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nie ..
    I'll pray for you , wish you get well soon
    Jgn panik Nie berserah aja pada Nya .
    Temen2 disini semua pasti berdoa untuk kamu !

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year sher, smoga eczemanya membaik ya..duh pasti tersiksa bgt deh gatel2, smoga biz mudik semangat lg!!

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year for both of you.
    Aku doakan semoga kamu cepet sembuh ya Nie, dan harus selalu optimis di tahun ini pasti lebih baik yah... GBU always

    ReplyDelete
  9. iya moga2 cepet sembuh ya Nie...
    happy new year yaaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sher, you've made the right decision. ^^ Cepet sembuh yaaa... Visa & paspormu pasti cepet keluar.. & your suspension pasti bisa diapprove without effecting your scholarship... Will miss your stories, but I know you'll take a much deserved break in Indo... And eat a lot of yummy foods. Hehe... You're always in my prayers...

    God bless you Sher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. met tahun baru...mudah-mudahan kesehatan dan keberkahan senantiasa berlimpah di tahun ini ^O^

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy new year.. ^^
    may all good wishes come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *hug Sherly*

    Yang kuat ya, Sher. Aku yakin, hal yang terakhir ingin Lan lihat adalah kalau kamu sedih, terutama selama kalian terpisah benua...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!!

    Ya mudah2an di tahun 2009 ini semuanya semakin baik! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year for both of you ..

    Semoga pilihan kalian mendapat berkat-Nya dan adalah pilihan terbaik ( amen ) , cepat sembuh ya say :)

    GBU ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy new year!

    Kalo winter gini memang eczema suka kambuh ya. Laura juga ada eczema tuh, dikit aja di bagian pergelangan tangan dan kaki, supaya gak kambuh mesti aku oles creme/lotion (zwitsal) terus2an. Kalo gak gitu pasti kambuh.

    Mudah2an lekas sembuh ya Sher.

    ReplyDelete
  17. met tahun baru blm telat kan, smoga semuanya menjadi lebih baik ya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Parah banget ya??? Doh mudah2an kondisimu cepat pulih!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you get better as soon as you are here. You surely need this tropical weather.
    Welcome home, then..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Hans

6 more days....

Back from business!