Let's talk about Liverpool

Inspired by Arman's post about San Fransisco, the city he is fond of, I'll write about my journey here in Liverpool.
I arrived in Liverpool (and the United Kingdom) for the first time on 17 September 2002. Never in my life before I dared to dream that I'd be given the chance to live and experience UK! It was overwhelming!
It started when I was doing my high-school final exams... I could not make up my mind of which Australian Universities I'd like to apply to. And so, I had been praying all those time to God to show me where to go, which path am I to take. I still remember very clearly the moment when He decided to tell me where to go. It was on a weekday, both my brother was doing homework and I was studying for a Maths exam, each in our own room. We left the door open, since our room face each other, so we can clearly see what each other were doing and we had, now and then, conversation in between our business. Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, I heard this very clear audible voice saying "You are going to Liverpool!". Automatically, I murmured the same exact sentence several times. Until my mind actually 'clicked' and I knew what that was all about! I faced my brother, still sitting on my chair, and I was half-shouting half-asking, "I am going to Liverpool? I just heard that being said to me!" His reply surprised me, "To Liverpool off you go, then!" It was like a confirmation. From then, I started my little 'research' on UK universities.
It was decided for me, University of Liverpool is my next destination!

I will never say that the process was easy. My own Dad objected that decision. It was a lot of tearful and kneeling moments to begin with. The visa application was dreadful as well. However, when I actually hanged on to my faith, I found my strength. Nothing is impossible with GOD!

To cut the story short, I made it here. The first few weeks were hard. I knew no one; no relatives, no friends and nowhere! Haha! I got lost several times, got on the wrong bus TWICE and ended up somewhere so far from where I meant to go! That was the first time I had to cook for myself, do the laundry and the cleaning by myself. So out of my comfort zone. And I was lonely, I was so used to be with my brother when I was in Australia, but I was alone in Liverpool. Doing the groceries were nightmares! I felt like I was growing muscles carrying heavy stuffs, lots of walking...
But... through all those, I found myself closer to The Lord. I found the true meaning of the sentence "The Lord is my Father, my bestest Friend, my Strength, my Sustain, my Provider". He is my EVERYTHING! I've been through worse times better than the reaction I thought I'd had. I've seen miracles, the best miracle that I always experience times and times again is that He never forsakes me! That's greatest than any other miracles! I still remember, during the economy crisis, my Dad had difficulties with his business and there was a week where I had only £9.00! That was hardly enough to survive ONE day, but it lasted for a week! The Lord was so kind to me, through others, He fed me without me having to ask.

I went through life with HIM! It was the most amazing time... Without me realizing, He shaped my characters, my views of the world. He shaped me to who I am now and to Him, I am never be afraid to show my weakness, my tears and my hurt.
Then, in His own time, He showed me the purpose of His decision to lead me to Liverpool. It's Lan. He is the main purpose; my other half, my soul mate and the owner of my heart, the one I had been praying for so The Lord keeps him safe, bless him and prepare him, the way The Lord prepares me for him.

There are millions of memories here in Liverpool. And one day, if we ever decide to settle down somewhere else in the world, I'd love to return here and embrace those memories with smiles.

Comments

  1. kok komen gua gak keluar ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dalam semua perjuangan hidup yang pasti dan yang paling penting ya bantuan Tuhan ya sher... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woww after Arman in SF, Noni in BRisbane n ta da .. Nie also left your heart in LIverpool ..
    wonderful sharing to us . trima kasih semuanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. tinggal di luar negeri sendirian jd mandiri ya.

    kalo nyebut liverpool, di otak ku kok pemaen sepak bola ya hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. liverpool gua keingetnya klub sepak bola hihi.. bukan keinget kota loh pertama kali :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. di liverpool juga ketemu Lan,...
    iya kan????

    untung kamu di Liverpool, jadi si yayang bisa mewujudkan mimpinya untuk menginjak anfield :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *terharu*

    Kalau kita benar-benar berdoa dan mau mendengarkan, bisa beneran mendengar suara bening itu ya, Sher?

    Selama ini aku belum pernah dengar, tapi Micha sudah beberapa kali dengar dan benar...
    Harus lebih berserah nih, hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wuih, koq bisa ya tiba2 ada yang "bilang" "Liverpool" gitu. Kayanya itu emang His great plan deh, hehe... . Something was waiting for you in Liverpool, and apparently it's Lan, haha... :) Tuhan memang bekerja dengan cara-Nya sendiri yah :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aku nangis baca ini. aku pengen denger that clear sound, biar dimantapkan..makasih banget ya sher udah mau sharing ini, sangat menguatkan dan menginspirasi. hope one day, aku juga bisa buat postingan seperti, versi jermannya.. *peluk*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Hans

6 more days....

Tired but home.