Almost Christmas...

Ahhh... finally the holiday is here! Oh well, this week, I haven't got much to do really. I feel so relax... Thank God that project has finished!
What left are 3 exams on 12th, 17th and 18th of January 2005 (next year!) and the final marks for them all (3 exams and the project). I am hoping and trying my best to get as good as it possibly can. That's all I can do really.
Right now, there is no plan yet what I am going to do for Christmas and New Year's Eve in particular. My friends and I are having a 'end of year' dinner together at one of my friends' place this Saturday. I am planning to cook Soto Ayam for them. *Well, I was thinking about making Gulai Kambing, but then... not all people like lamb. So I thought it's better to stay general. Chicken, most people eat it, I won't have any problem with that.*
Then, on Sunday, I am going to my church's Christmas Carol. Hopefully, I'll have fun. I had finished giving all the Christmas presents today (since most of my friends will be going home and I won't see them until the exam time.) and I got a pair of blue gloves from one of my friends as my Christmas present. Very nice and soft... She knew that my gloves are wearing out now. Hehehe...

The town has become so crowded with people rushing off to buy Christmas presents for their families and friends. That won't stop until 23 December 2004, because that's the last day all the shops are open anyway.
Today was a rainy day, eventhough, it was not that cold. Looks like the real winter has arrived (that's Liverpool's winter anyway!), I will have to deal with rains and strong winds all day. But... that's okay. I prefer it a bit colder than hot sweaty weather, since my skin is best under colder weather.

When I accompanied my Singaporean friend, Zu, to go to town today, we had a conversation that sticks to my mind until now. It was about parents and children' relationships. We were standing in front of a stationary shop, eating ice cream 'again' and looking at a mother with her friend's and her son in a pram.
It started off when I said how mothers in Western country don't carry/cuddle (menggendong) their children at all. They prefer to buy prams and put their babies and children in the prams rather than carrying them in their arms. And it's like... The children get their warmth from being in the prams rather than from their mothers/fathers.
And then, Zu said: "Yeah... that's why they don't have a strong relationship between them."
I thought, "Yes! That is so true. I recalled how my mum said many times: 'If I could, I would carry you always in my arms.'"
I said: "Well, I am sure you've heard how parents here scold their children... isn't it astonishing?!".
She answered: "That's why the children have no respect on their parents. They act the same way like their parents; the way the parents don't respect the children, it's the same way around from the children to the parents." I nodded. I totally agreed with that. The way the parents shout at their children and all those rubish words in front of public... Oh, I've seen that many times.
I went on: "Then, let's take it as a lesson for us as mothers-to-be. I'm sure it is a very useful knowledge for us in the future."
And we had some laughs and jokes on what I was saying *grins*...
By that time, we finished eating our ice cream and we went in to the shop. The conversation ceased, but sticks in mind.
That was my day...

Another thing happened.
Another lesson learned.
It might not be for the present time.
But surely will be useful in the future.
Keep your eyes open and look around.
Lots of things to learn about and keep them all in your mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Hans

6 more days....

Back from business!